Friday, July 15, 2016

On the plane

I wrote this on my plane ride to San Jose in June. My editor just barely finished working on it today. Enjoy!

Today I am flying to San Jose. It will be strange to be away from Brooke for so long. It also is going to be weird living in a dorm with some dudes.

The experience really reminds me of my move to Provo. I remember moving into an apartment with a bunch of guys I didn’t know. When I moved to Provo, I also didn’t have a car, so I wasn’t sure how I would shop or other things like that. Fortunately in Provo, I had friends and made friends that I went shopping with. Maybe if I am lucky that will happen again.

I also had to check a bag for the first time in years. I feel like I fly and go to the airport all the time. Like just a month ago I was flying home to San Diego. But my suitcase still had my tag from when I came home from my mission, which was nearly 4 years ago now.


Living on my own seems so strange now. I wonder what I will eat and cook. I also hope I can wake up for work ok. My old job in Provo replaced me 2 weeks before I left, so I have been unemployed long enough to develop a terrible sleep schedule. Perhaps gaining an hour will help me though.

No comments:

Post a Comment