Monday, November 14, 2016

Ricky's Fried Rice



Today, Ricky decided to give me a little cooking lesson! We made one of his signature dishes - fried rice! I think Ricky’s fried rice is unique and SO good!

Here’s how we made it:

First, get a large skillet and let the vegetable oil warm. Put the chopped ham in and let it brown slightly. Then, add the diced onion. You can add a little butter at this point if you would like. Then, add carrots and any other vegetables you would like. Let the vegetables brown. When they are as soft as you would like them, add the rice. Let the rice warm up and add dry seasonings at this point (pepper and turmeric). In a bowl, stir up your eggs and add soy sauce and a little sesame oil to them. Pour your eggs in the frying pan to add to your fried rice. Let the eggs cook with everything else. Then, add rice vinegar and a little sriracha. Enjoy!

 Apparently, just hours after Ricky's lesson, I got it all wrong. Before I was going to publish this post, I thought I would double check with Ricky and he said I was all wrong! Haha! Here is what I had written down from what I recalled us doing tonight: 

First, cut up some ham and onion and fry in vegetable oil in the the frying pan. Add a little bit of butter. Then, add carrots and any other vegetables you would like. Add your rice. Season with pepper, turmeric, soy sauce, and rice wine vinegar. In a bowl, stir up your eggs and add some soy sauce to them. Pour your eggs in the frying pan to add to your fried rice. There are two ways to do this: Make an area in the middle of your frying pan to scramble your eggs, and then stir it all together with your fried rice. Or, you can just pour the eggs over everything already in the pan and let the eggs cook with everything else. After your eggs are added and cooked, your fried rice is done. Enjoy!

Don't let this part confuse you. Look at Ricky's instructions if you want to make it! I just thought it was funny how wrong I had remembered it! There is no hope for my cooking skills!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment