Wednesday, August 1, 2018

My trip Home


I had the week of the fourth off of work, but Brooke didn’t. So I decided to take off for a bit and visit San Diego.

I went to the Del Mar fair. I was surprised at just how expensive the food at the fair has gotten over the years, a turkey leg cost 12 bucks! We ended up getting 4 turkey leg street tacos and splitting it between me, my two brothers and my dad.

On one of the days I decided to visit Mexico with my friend Fernando and his fiancee Chris. We got tacos, of course. And I saw a man balancing bread on his head.

While there, I looked at some of the interesting architecture of the city. I noticed there were no grass lawns. The way the homes are built is so stream of consciousness to me. Like it seems like the homes just happened, and not that they were planned in advance. I kind of like it, it has a sort of flair to it. Some might say a pile of rubble is unsightly, but it kind of gives the place character.

While there, I spoke to Fernando's Grandmother. She told me about how violent the city had become: “The men would rob your necklace and earrings, and if you didn’t have anything to take, they would kill you.”

While on a hill overlooking the city of Tijuana, I thought about how much of a difference a line can make. Just a line is the difference between English and Spanish, between relative safety and relative danger.

Other than that, I pretty much played a lot of Cuphead and Fortnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment