Sunday, April 28, 2019

Every day is an adventure


Every day is an adventure.

My roommate Adam taught me that. In fact, in many ways, Adam is the inspiration for this very blog (check him out here. I haven't spoken to him in a few years, maybe this will help reconnect us).


I have been working crazy hours lately, but that doesn't mean I don't have adventure. Every day can have a little adventure in it.


Lately I have been commuting to San Mateo. It is a brutal drive sometimes, as I live in the south bay, sometimes taking over an hour and a half one way. I often take the 280 there, and the commute, while long, does have some great views. You would think everything in the bay area would be totally filled with businesses and homes, but on the 280, there are sections with trees as far as the eye can see.

There is a field with cows, rolling hills, and a gorgeous pond.


As I look at the trees and the nature, the thought comes to my mind - What would it be like to live in a cabin in the woods? To live in nature, to walk among the trees, listening to the quiet forest chatter. To spend some time away from my busy job and enjoy the outdoors, perhaps even writing my own modern day Walden Pond.


Perhaps someday.


In the meantime, I think I will have to enjoy the outdoors where I can find it. Even just on my walk to the light rail the other day, I noticed the outdoors.

So maybe I don’t really need to live in a cabin in the woods, I can enjoy the outdoors anywhere. Every day can be an adventure, you just have to make it one.

No comments:

Post a Comment