Saturday, August 27, 2016

Dinner in Paris





Brooke and I had a lovely dinner in Paris yesterday evening. Paris Idaho that is. Paris is a quaint little town. It's town hall is also a library. 


It reminds me of my experience living in Burns Wyoming, a little town of 300 people. In Burns, the old elementary school was town hall, and there was a restaurant in the cafeteria. I think I once got a milkshake there. They also had rocky mountain oysters, but I didn't dare try them.

Anyways, Paris Idaho is just 11 miles from where my ancestors moved to from Switzerland in the 1800s. I'll probably need to venture back sometime.


Some of Paris was so strange with a series of buildings and homes packed together quite tight. It reminded me of San Francisco. But the rest of Paris was spread out like a more typical small town.


No comments:

Post a Comment