Monday, June 4, 2018

The anti-vacation


So last weekend was long due to Memorial Day. Brooke had to work Saturday, so we thought we might have some sort of a stay vacation. We thought about going to Santa Cruz area, but ended up deciding against it as there surely would be tons of people visiting. We ending up deciding to see a movie. So we looked at the movie options nearby. Brooke and I ended up agreeing to watch Solo, which I had a mild interest in seeing because it has Donald Glover in it.
Brooke really just wanted popcorn. Sadly, it seems there aren’t any dollar theaters in San Jose area. I guess that is the nature of the crazy rent prices here.

Anyways, we got to the theater, and the matinee tickets were $10.75 each. Which seems a little pricey, but I was ok with it, we did after all have a $50 gift card - or at least I thought. When we used the gift card, we still had to pay 11 bucks. It ends up the $50 gift card was really a $10 gift card. We were originally promised a $50 Coldstone card, so when we got the Cinemark card we were a little disappointed (after all, we don’t go to movies all that often). Apparently at this place you need to pick your seats out in advance. All the good seats were taken, so we had to sit in the front left row. I didn’t realize how close this would be to the screen. The screen was so big and sooo close. It was larger than my field of vision, so I couldn’t even see it all at one time. I thought about the neck strain I would have sitting here. I thought about the 20 bucks the seats cost, and I decided, no way. So we went to customer support to exchange our tickets for the next showing, and sure enough, there were only seats in the front row. So we got a refund instead. So instead we walked around the mall and looked at Target. We couldn’t really buy much as we walked to the mall from our apartment.


So that was our Memorial Day weekend. Really kind of an anti-story. So that's the story how we didn’t go on vacation and we didn’t even see a movie.

We are in the process of moving all our Youtube videos to a new website, Dtube.

Check them out here:




No comments:

Post a Comment