Thursday, June 2, 2016

A short trip home

I suppose we are almost using this as a travel blog of sorts. A missionary I served with got married this weekend. He is from New York/Connecticut and his wife is from Utah. I was surprised to learn they were getting married in San Diego, my hometown. I probably would have gone wherever it was, but it sounded like a nice excuse to go home.

While there, I of course had carne asada fries which are a favorite of mine. I also went to a Chinese buffet. It's surprising that Provo doesn't have a single Chinese buffet. Provo really lacks good Chinese food in general. Anyways, while at the restaurant, I overheard a funny conversation. A boy and a man were at the buffet line. The boy asked “what is this?” while looking at some food. The man replied “it's the food of your people.” (Which to me seems like an inappropriate thing to say pretty much always, although especially true when it comes to Chinese-American buffets [as much as I love the Chinese donuts, they are not really Chinese]). The boy replied, “but I'm Mexican.” And the man said, “no you are not, you are Cambodian.” Needless to say, that really isn't Chinese.


Speaking of Cambodia, I used to email someone in Cambodia at my old job. Part of my responsibilities was checking in on people from all over the world. My last day was this last Friday. It was a little funny, I was importing a new CRM, Sales Force, and I wanted to make sure it was working right. So I called our office in Mexico City. Pretty soon, I was trying to explain the CRM in Spanish. It was pretty funny, I really don't speak much Spanish.

No comments:

Post a Comment