Sunday, November 5, 2017

Reflecting on the Past Year



A testimony in church today inspired me to reflect on the past year and how we’ve been blessed. I started outlining all that has happened this year and realized we have definitely been blessed! This has been such a great year!!! Here's the outline I came up with of this past year: 

January - April

-We lived in Wymount and were primary teachers in the ward
-I worked three jobs part time and LOVED it (preschool teacher, robotics teacher, and direct support staff)
-Ricky worked as a TA and as a freelancer while finishing school

April - June

-Ricky graduated and I finished up my jobs in Provo

June - September

-We moved in with Uncle Dean in Bountiful for the summer for a place to stay until moving to San Jose in the fall
-Ricky studied full time and completed three of the four CPA exams throughout the summer
-I continued to teach robotics by teaching at summer camps at the U of U
-I also got to know Uncle Dean really well, helping him with his life history, putting his socks on, and with many projects in the garage and throughout the house
-We had fun taking Uncle Dean to Antelope Island, Montpelier Idaho, the Gossner Cheese Factory, Pepperidge Farm, and to many local restaurants
-Ricky and I also went on one long vacation to Idaho, including Red Fish Lake and Sun Valley with my family, Meridian with Ricky’s family, and camping to see the solar eclipse in the zone of totality!

September - now

-We moved to San Jose, California for Ricky’s job
-Ricky works long hours at his various clients
-I’m working retail right across the street from where we live (until we get another car and I can get a job teaching)

We are looking forward to the rest of the year and our upcoming holiday plans!

We have had an amazing year! This has probably been one of my favorite years ever, and definitely Ricky’s and my best year together! We grew so much teaching primary together at the beginning of the year, getting to know Uncle Dean and do so many fun things throughout the summer, and now moving to a new place together.

2 comments:

  1. Glad that you are happy in California, enjoy the warm weather and think of in the snow. We love hearing about your life in San Jose so keep posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! We are enjoying the weather! Thanks for reading our blog, we will keep posting!

    ReplyDelete