Saturday, September 8, 2018

Labor Day Staycation


Brooke and I had a few gift cards to movie theaters. So for Labor Day, Brooke and I finally saw a movie. We have been planning and trying to go quite a few times, but it hasn't worked out. Last time we tried there were no good seats left! So we gave up.

This Labor Day, we saw Crazy Rich Asians. We had to go at 11:05 as the tickets were only $7 then, but increased to $12 after noon. We ordered on fandango for some reason because we thought we could pick our seats. Well we couldn't, and they charged us an extra 3 bucks! We still had to use a kiosk to get our tickets and it was probably harder than just paying for them right there!. Oh well.

The movie was really good. The soundtrack was great, my favorite was the song Yellow but in Chinese. The movie had some great actors in it. Specifically, the actors who play Professor Chang in Community and Jian Yang in Silicon Valley. The movie was just so immersive, I thought I would walk out of the theater and be in Singapore! That is only a mild exaggeration, after all, the last time I watched a movie, I really was in a foreign country! I thought I mentioned this in my Mexico/San Diego trip post, but apparently I didn’t.

Brooke wasn’t feeling well after the movie, so we went home and I made soup. The next day, Brooke ended up going to the movies with some people from our church, and ended up seeing the movie again! She says she enjoyed it more the second time.

No comments:

Post a Comment